We need your photos!
the smallest steps film is halfway done and now we need some help from YOU!
We’re looking to showcase people from across Canada who have been involved in the anti-violence movement by including photos and videos of YOUR activism in our documentary!
Specifically, we’re looking for personal photos, videos, & news clippings of the following:
- 1970s & early 1980s anti-VAW actions (e.g. protests, consciousness-raising, posters, pins, organizing, etc.), including:
- Take Back the Night & ending VAW
- Universal Daycare & Abortion rights
- Anti-racism, forced sterilization & MMIWG
- 1970s shelters (e.g. fundraising/ building shelters & working in them)
- 1980s legal advocacy & court-related work (e.g. representing survivors, working on policy/legal change)
- For the Ontario folks, anything from the 1995 Harris cuts & subsequent protests/actions
Interested in contributing? Contact Nicole Bedford, Director, by email at admin(at)nicolebedford.ca!
As always, thank you to everyone for supporting this journey!