Opportunity for your First Step: Get Involved with Rise Up!
Are you ready to take your first (or 100th) step in your work to end violence against women in Canada? Yes? Then I highly recommend applying to become a board member of the Rise Up Feminist Archive!
“Rise Up is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization with charitable status. Our mission is to preserve original materials representing the diverse and radical grassroots history of the Canadian Women’s Movement from the 1970s to 1990s and to make these histories accessible online to new generations of activists, students, and researchers.”
The team is fully volunteer-run and it’s a fantastic opportunity to get to know other folks in the anti-violence movement. Plus, their digital archives are RICH with amazing publications, stories, and photos about all the activism women have been involved in to push for a more just world! Take it from someone who has lately been multiple web-browser tabs deep researching archival materials on their site: There is some absolutely incredible content there and volunteering for this organization would likely make for an incredible mentorship opportunity for budding anti-violence activists!
Here’s what they are looking for:
- Strengthen the representation of diverse voices and communities in shaping the direction of Rise Up
- Engage new members with the skills and experience needed to support our development and ensure future sustainability as an archive and website
- Enhance representation across age groups and from different regions outside Central Canada.
They are specifically looking for support in the following roles/areas:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity
- Website Development and Technical Operations
- Volunteer and Membership Coordination
- Communications and Social Media
- Operations, Human Resources and Administration
- Archival Data Management
Visit their website to submit your application today: https://riseupfeministarchive.ca/about-rise-up-feminist-archive/volunteer-openings/